1) Please purchase the following books & rosin:
1) Sitting Posture- sit on the right corner edge of your chair, feet flat on the floor, and
2) Concert Rest - while sitting, hold violin upright on the left knee & hand gripping the
body of the violin with your left hand on the top.
3) Playing Posture- bring your violin up to left shoulder. It should come straight out
with the back of the chin rest against the neck. Side of chin should fit snuggly into
the chin rest. The violin will be tilted at 45 degrees. (You should be able to hold the
violin with out any hands if done properly
*IF YOU HAVE THE SHOULDER REST ATTATCHED
4) Pizzicato (plucking)- With the violin up in playing posture, put the tip of your right
hand thumb against the corner edge of the finger board and bring the tip of your
first finger around to the top of the strings and pizzicato the G-D-A-E Strings. (the
G-String is the fattest string) *remember: Good - Dogs - Always - Eat
-Then curl your Right Hand thumb tip to side of the stick between the bow grip and
the frog. MUST BE AT THE TIP!
- Curve your 2 middle fingers around the top of the stick at the first knuckle across
from your thumb. So you are making "C" like shape. (fingers should be CURLY
- Tilt your right hand to the left so the index finger makes contact with the stick.
- Curl and bring out your index finger across the top of the bow between the first
and second knuckle.
- Lastly, your pinky should be curved on top of the stick with a slight gap from the
Copyright © 2005 Colorado Music Lessons. All Rights Reserved.